Friday 4 June 2010


The Challenge Needs YOU!


Basically this is your part in the Challenge. I am trying to get 10,500 people from around the world to join me for a five-mile cycle.

My route will take me through:
Scotland, England, Holland, Germany, Poland, Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, China (Tibet), Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Portugal, Spain, France, England, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland and then after 20,000 miles on the road back to Scotland. (Route)

Along this route I will go through many towns and cities and it is here that I hope to meet as many people as I can to join me for five miles. I will record your name then we shall ride the five miles and you will become part of this world wide team.

When I set off on the 23rd of July I will have a tracker accurately stating my position so that you will be able to follow my progress. This will allow you to get in contact for when I get close to your town or city to organize a five mile ride together.

For the time being if you want to get an idea of what it is like going for a cycle with me then why not watch one of my two cycle expeditions films:

1. Malaga to Marrakech (2008): a journey covering 697 miles from Malaga (Spain, Europe) to Marrakech (Morocco, Africa). (45 mins)
2. Ljubljana to Istanbul (2009): The second cycle expedition is a 1600 mile journey from Ljubljana (Slovenia, Europe) to Istanbul (Turkey, Asia). (50mins)

Soon I will be getting in touch with as many cycle team and people from around the world as I can, maybe you! If this challenge interests you and you want to help create this 10,500 strong team then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment